NEW YORK (AP) - They haven't hit the studio yet, but Tony Bennett says he "can't wait" to record his next album with Lady Gaga. The 86-year-old said in an interview Thursday that he and the pop star will record "a big swing album." He says "we have it all worked out already on paper." Bennett and Gaga collaborated on "The Lady Is a Tramp" for his Grammy-winning, platinum-selling 2011 "Duets II" album. He called the 26-year-old a "wonderful person and a great talent." Bennett released "Viva Duets," a collaborative album with Latin American singers including Gloria Estefan and Marc Anthony, in October. He says he wants to work with Gaga because "she's quite different." He adds that he's also impressed with Gaga as a business woman.
DALLAS (AP) - Advance bids for a copy of The Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" album autographed by all four band members are even higher than the auction house anticipated. Dallas-based Heritage Auctions said Friday that bidding for the 1967 album has reached $110,500 and could surpass $150,000 by the March 30 auction. Heritage originally estimated the album would go for around $30,000. The Beatles signed the album on the gatefold above pictures of their heads. The auction company's consignment director, Garry Shrum, says there's no telling when an autograph of such quality will show up again and "people are responding to that." Shrum says the bidding seems to have "taken on a life of its own." Bids started at $15,000 and include the buyer's premium.
UNDATED, March 22 -- It was 50 years ago today -- The Beatles first U.K. album was released. "Please Please Me" was rushed to market following the success of the title track, which was the Fab Four's first number-one record in the U.K. TheBeatles.com notes 10 of the album's 14 tracks were recorded in a single day. Please Please Me didn't receive an official U.S. release until 1987.
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The city of Dresden, Tennessee, just declared Paul Jolley Day in honor of "American Idol" contestant Paul Jolley. Too bad he got eliminated last night. Devin Velez and Amber Holcomb were also in the bottom three. Unlike last week, "Idol" did not reveal who was in the top three or the rankings of the other contestants. Music advisor Jimmy Iovine (eye-VEEN') also disputed some misunderstandings about Beatles night on Wednesday. He says "Idol" picks the genre but the contestants always choose the song, which means it was Holcomb's choice to do the lesser-known song "She's Leaving Home." Iovine says Lazaro (LAZ'-ah-roh) Arbos' claim that he learned "In My Life" the night before is interesting, because Iovine worked with Arbos on that song five days earlier.
LONDON (AP) - Two dresses worn by Princess Diana will finally return to Britain's palaces after years of being in private ownership abroad. Historic Royal Palaces, a charity that runs Diana's former residence, Kensington Palace, bought the two gowns on Tuesday at a London auction of the princess's dresses. The charity said Wednesday the dresses will remain in Britain and will be shown to the public in exhibitions. It hopes to show at least one of the gowns at a display of royal dresses this summer. The gowns are a Bruce Oldfield black velvet evening gown Diana wore in 1985 and an ivory and pink sequined crepe dress by Catherine Walker worn on a state visit to Brazil in 1991. The two combined were sold for more than 107,000 pounds ($162,266.)
NEW YORK (AP) - The audience for the ABC, CBS and NBC newsmagazines is plummeting because of the time change and longer days. The Nielsen company says the newscasts collectively had 11 percent fewer viewers last week than they did the week before. It didn't matter that it was a busy week with the election of a new pope. The simple act of moving the clock ahead because of daylight saving time is costly, primarily because that extra hour of daylight comes when the newscasts are televised. The three shows lost a total of 2.6 million viewers, or just a little more than the number of people who watched NBC"s sitcom "Community" last week. ABC had a solid week with the finale of "The Bachelor," its audience up 13 percent over the last finale.
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Are you ready for more craziness from Bruno Tonioli, over-the-top excitement from Carrie Ann Inaba and harsh comments from Len Goodman for couples who don't dance by the rules? Season 16 of "Dancing With the Stars begins tonight. Twelve celebrities will compete, including Wynonna Judd, Kellie Pickler and "The Bachelor" Sean Lowe. Each will dance tonight. They'll have to wait a week to find out who's the first to go home. Instead of a results show tomorrow night, it'll be a hour-long special with scenes from backstage, interviews and a recap of the tonight's performances.
NEW YORK (AP) - The producers of the cable TV miniseries on the Bible say Internet chatter that their Satan character resembles President Barack Obama is "utter nonsense." Mark Burnett and Roma Burnett said Monday the Moroccan actor who played Satan in the History channel series has played Satanic characters in other Biblical programs long before Obama was elected president. The connection got widespread attention after talk show host Glenn Beck last week tweeted: "Does Satan look EXACTLY like Obama? Yes!" Beck tweeted on Monday that his observation was intended to be "funny, nothing more."
BOSTON (AP) - The FBI believes it knows the identities of the thieves who stole art valued at up to $500 million from Boston's Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in 1990. Richard DesLauriers, the FBI's special agent in charge in Boston, says the thieves belong to a criminal organization based in New England and the mid-Atlantic states. He says authorities believe the art was taken to Connecticut and the Philadelphia region in the years after the theft, and offered for sale in Philadelphia about a decade ago. The FBI is to discuss the case later Monday. It has a new website aimed at getting help cracking the case at www.FBI.gov/gardner . In a video, DesLauriers says the statute of limitations has passed for the crime of art theft and authorities are focused on recovering the art. There's a $5 million reward in the case involving 13 stolen works, including masterpieces by Rembrandt, Vermeer, Degas and Manet.
MIAMI (AP) - River Phoenix's last film is making its U.S. premiere at the Miami International Film Festival, 20 years after the young actor's death. "Dark Blood," which also stars Jonathan Pryce and Judy Davis, premiered Wednesday. It's uncertain whether the film will go to a general release as negotiations are ongoing with the company that owns the movie. The film footage sat untouched for decades until an insurance company nearly burned it. Director George Sluizer had it moved to The Netherlands, where it sat for another decade. He decided to finish the movie and narrated missing scenes himself. Phoenix was 23 when he died outside The Viper Room in Los Angeles. The cause was heart failure after overdosing on heroin and cocaine.