Classic Radio Theater features great radio programs that warmed the hearts of millions for the better part of the 20th century. Host Wyatt Cox brings the best of radio classics back to life with both the passion of a longtime (as in more than half a century) fan and the heart of a forty year news man.
We’re talking about:
- Comedies like Jack Benny, Fibber McGee and Molly, the Great Gildersleeve, Milton Berle, Bob Hope, Father Knows Best and more
- Westerns like Gunsmoke, The Lone Ranger, Have Gun Will Travel, Tales of the Texas Rangers and more
- Science Fiction like X Minus One, Dimension X, and 2000 Plus
- Crime Shows like Dragnet, This is Your FBI, Big Town, and I Was a Communisty for the FBI and more
- Dramatic Shows like Suspense, Escape, Lights Out, The Mysterious Traveler, The Story of Dr Kildare and Inner Sanctum Mysteries and more
- Movie Adaptations from the Screen Director’s Playhouse, Academy Award Theater, Orson Welles Mercury Theater and Family Theater.
…and many more radio rarities that decades later still create great entertaining theater of the mind. Classic Radio Theater keeps America’s love affair with classic radio alive!
But more than just “playing the hits”, Wyatt supplements the first hour of each day’s show with historical information on the day and date in history including audio that takes you back to World War II, Korea, and Vietnam. FDR, Eisenhower, JFK, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, LBJ. It’s a true slice of life from not just radio’s past, but America’s past.