(DETROIT) -- The Detroit Sports Broadcasters Association awarded the 2012 Kathy Best Award to Detroit Pistons Vice President of Public Relations Kevin Grigg. The award was presented at the DSBA Annual Christmas Party at Sinbad's in Detroit on December 7, 2012.
The Kathy Best "Best of the Best Award" by the DSBA annually recognizes the quality and tireless work performed by Detroit-area sports media relations/public relations professionals. Grigg has worked for the Detroit Pistons since November 2000.
"We're thrilled that the DSBA is honoring Kevin with this important award," said Charlie Metzger, Palace Sports & Entertainment Executive Vice President/Chief Marketing and Communications Officer. "Kevin is a true professional and his commitment to his craft and Palace Sports & Entertainment inspires us all."
Previous Kathy Best 'BEST OF THE BEST' Award winners are:
· 2011 - Tim Pendell, Lions
· 2009-10 - John Johnson, MHSAA
· 2008 - Will Tieman, Spartan Sports Network
· 2007 - George Eichorn, DSBA
· 2006 - Jim Streeter, EMU Eagles
· 2005 - Mark Engel, UDM Titans
· 2004 - Dennis Davidson, Boxing
· 2003 - John Lewandowski, MSU Spartans
· 2002 - Risa Balayem, Ford Field/Lions
· 2001 - Bill Keenist, Lions
· 2000 - Matt Dobek, Pistons
· 1999 - Tyler Barnes, Tigers
· 1998 - Tommy Cameron, MIS Speedway
· 1997 - Mike Murray, Lions
· 1996 - Bruce Madej, U-M Wolverines
· 1995 - Kathy Best, Red Wings
PICTURED: The Kathy Best Award presented to Kevin Grigg, P.R. Director Detroit Pistons by President Vicki Foley and announced by George Eichorn, Executive Director
INFORMATION AND PHOTO SUBMITTED BY ROBERT BENKO