(DECKERVILLE) -- Deckerville Community Hospital is celebrating 60 years of service. The hospital, which recently celebrated the milestone with a Jubilee Banquet, was the dream of Dr. E.W. Blanchard and his wife, Lillian, a registered nurse. The couple provided the land and funded the building. The community helped purchase the equipment and furnishings through donations. Deckerville Hospital opened its doors to the Thumb area community in 1952. The 11-bed hospital afforded both greatly needed surgical and obstetrical service.