jtemplate.ru - free extensions for joomla
Wednesday, 28 November 2012 11:25

Fire Marshal says three recent fires were result of careless cooking

(PORT HURON) -- Fire Marshal Jeffery Tucker with the Port Huron Fire Department says a house fire early Wednesday morning was the third in the last three days due to careless cooking. Fire crews were sent to the home in the 1800 block of Gillett Street around 1 a.m. Flames were coming out of a kitchen window when the trucks arrived. The fire was quickly extinguished and no injuries were reported. The kitchen inside the home sustained heavy fire damage and smoke damage was noted throughout the house. While fire crews worked, another call came in for a cooking fire in the 3100 block of Gratiot. That fire was contained to the pan; however, the home did sustain smoke damage. Tucker says no mutual aid was received during either call. The third fire was reported at a two-story, three apartment building in the 1300 block of 12th Avenue Sunday evening. The Port Huron Fire Department responded and found flames coming from multiple windows on the first floor. The occupants of the building were able to leave safely and no injuries were reported. Fire crews extinguished the blaze with assistance from the Marysville and Port Huron Township Fire Departments. There was significant damage as a result of careless cooking.