jtemplate.ru - free extensions for joomla
Wednesday, 28 November 2012 10:12

Smoke inhalation likely killed three in apartment fire in Bad Axe

(BAD AXE) -- Authorities say preliminary autopsy results indicate two 23-year-old women and an 11-month-old girl found in a burning Bad Axe apartment likely died of smoke inhalation. Police Chief David Rothe says his department is awaiting a state police fire marshal's report on the cause of last Wednesday's fire. Authorities say police and fire officials responding to the blaze saw smoke and could hear the sound of a smoke detector. Bad Axe Area Fire Department Chief David Peruski says the smoke detector was found in a drawer in the kitchen instead of its proper place on a wall or ceiling. The women were identified as Audrey L. Hogan and Melissa M. Perkins, and the girl as Perkins' daughter Abrecona Perkins.