What are Employee Assistance Grants?
The Employee Assistance Grants were made available by Senate Bill 748 and are designed to provide support
to employees impacted by the MDHHS Gathering and Face Mask Order that took effect on November 18,
What is the application period for the Employee Assistance Grants?
The application period will open on January 15, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. and will be available until January 25, 2021
at 5:00 p.m. The grants are not first come, first serve and the application will be open for submissions for the
entirety of the 10-day period. Take the time to ensure your submission is complete and correct.
Who is eligible to apply for the Employee Assistance Grants?
Employees who were impacted by the MDHHS Gathering and Face Mask Order of November 18, 2020.
Employees working in the following industries qualify:
• Hotels, Motels, Bed & Breakfast, Resorts
• Food Trucks
• Bowling Alleys
• Golf Courses
• Banquet Halls
• Other impacted industries
What information and documentation is required to be provided on the grant application?
• Personal information: Legal name, mailing address, social security number, and date of hire.
• Employer information: Business Name, manager name, phone number and email address.
• Proof of employment: You will need a paystub showing proof of employment in November (1-18) of
2020 OR a letter signed by your manager, company shareholder, or company owner on business
letterhead stating your employment was impacted as a direct result of the DHHS Gathering and Face
Mask Order of November 2020.
How much money will applicants receive?
Eligible recipients meeting all criteria and providing a complete and accurate application will be awarded
assistance up to $1,650. The award is taxable, but it will NOT count against your Unemployment as income.
When will the grants be sent to applicants?
An email confirming your approval or denial will be sent no later than February 26, 2021. The payments will be
mailed from the State of Michigan Department of Treasury. The award is taxable income but will not impact
your unemployment payments if you are receiving them.
Where can employees apply for the Employee Assistance Grants?
Employees from impacted industries can apply for the grants by visiting mrlaef.org/money and clicking the
“apply” button. Application submissions will only be accepted electronically through this process.
About the Submittable Application Form:
• You will need to create a free Submittable account, or sign in with Google or Facebook credentials in
order to submit these forms.
• You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date. You
must submit your application before the deadline of 5:00p.m., January 25, 2021.
• If anything changes with the information you submitted, please request to edit the submission.
• The form works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please
make sure you are using a supported browser, and that the files are valid file types. You can find the
acceptable file types under the “Choose File” button on the application.
• We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure to whitelist, or allow,
notification emails from Submittable and check the email you used to sign up for your Submittable
• Check out the Submitter Resource Center for help videos and articles or to reach out to Submittable’s
Customer Support team with any technical questions.
For help with the application process:
• If you have any technical issues, or need assistance with creating an account or uploading required
documents, you can contact customer services at:
o (855) 953-7396
o Monday – Friday: 10:00a.m. – 7:00p.m. EST
o Saturday – Sunday: 11:00a.m. – 7:00p.m. EST
• For eligibility questions, proof of impact, or proof of employment questions, please contact the
o Phone: 517-377-3938
o Monday – Friday: 9:00a.m. – 4:00p.m.
o Email: email@example.com **please allow 24 hours for a response Monday – Friday**